- Nominations open on Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- Nominations close on Friday, November 18, 2022
- Nominees accept their nomination by Friday, December 2, 2022
- Nominees have until 11:59pm on Friday, January 13, 2023 to complete their submission kit
- Nominees will be announced by Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- The BEA Gala will be held on Thursday, March 23, 2023, at which time, all award winners will be announced. Award winners are not notified prior to this date.
*The entire nomination process is done electronically through the Awardify platform. Email, phone, or written nominations and kits won't be accepted. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), if you require assistance or accommodation with the nomination or submission process, please contact email@example.com or call (519) 589-8686 so we can assist you.
When nominations open, a business/organization can make a nomination online, accessed through the BeaGala.ca website. When a business has been nominated, they receive an email notification. At that time, the business can choose to accept or decline the nomination. After accepting the nomination, the nominee will be required to complete a Nominee Submission Kit by the deadline (Friday, January 13, 2023) to vie for/be considered for an award. All Nominee Submission Kits are submitted to vetting as-is, and no exceptions will be made for late acceptances. Only those nominees who submit a kit will be recognized as official Award Nominees (by Tuesday, January 17, 2023).
Once Nominee Submission Kits are completed (Friday, January 13, 2023), they are immediately submitted into the vetting process. Nominee Submission Kits are initially reviewed by a volunteer committee. The committee then presents to the judging panel, at which time, the panel of judges will determine a winner after further review of the kits and under the direction/recommendation of the committee. The judges' decision is final. Results are not shared until the award ceremony (Thursday, March 23, 2023).
- All businesses nominated for an award must be a member in good standing with the Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce. Nominated businesses who are not yet Chamber Members who wish to still be nominated can become a member by the Submission Kits deadline (Friday, January 13, 2023).
- Businesses may be nominated in a maximum of 2 categories each year. They can choose which 2 categories they would like to accept their nomination in. An exception is made in the Young Professional of the Year Award category, as it's the individual being nominated, not the business/organization itself. In this case only, this would be considered a 3rd nomination.
- Businesses must accept their nomination(s) by the deadline indicated (Friday, December 2, 2022), and then complete their Submission Kit (by Friday, January 13, 2023) to be considered as a Nominee in that category. A separate acceptance and Submission Kit are required for each nomination/category. Exceptions will not be made for late submissions.
- After winning an award in a specific category, a business must wait 2 full years before being able to be nominated in that category again (they are welcome to be nominated in other categories during those 2 years).
- To meet the timing criteria of an award category (i.e. – New Business of the Year where the criteria states that the business must be in operation for less than 2 years), dates and timelines are based on the date indicated in the Award Descriptions (late October).
- The Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce holds no responsibility for incorrect emails or contact information submitted via the nomination form.
- Elected officials who are nominated should represent a business or company, separate from a municipality.
- Chamber Staff are not permitted to write recommendation/reference letters for Nominee Submission Kits. Chamber Board Members ARE permitted to write recommendation/reference letters, so long as they are not on the nomination committee or judging panel, and so long as the recommendation/reference is based on a personal or professional experience not directly related to the Chamber and/or the Board.